Borussia Dortmund have confirmed Sebastien Haller will be absent from playing for ‘several months’.
The Bundesliga giants’ statement comes after the striker was diagnosed with a malignant testicular tumour.
“Sebastien Haller will be absent from Borussia Dortmund for several months. The histological findings revealed a malignant testicular tumor,” the club said in a statement on Saturday.
“Haller therefore has to undergo chemotherapy treatment.”
It continued: “We ask the media and fans for their understanding that we will not be releasing any medical details regarding the treatment of Sebastien Haller beyond the information mentioned, neither today nor in the coming months.”
Quoted in the statement, BVB sporting director Sebastian Kehl said: “Sebastien will now receive the best possible treatment. The chances of recovery are very good.
“We wish him and his family a lot of strength and optimism and our thoughts are with him during this difficult time.”
Sebastien Haller had completed the first stage of his treatment last week after being diagnosed with a testicular tumour.
Scamacca signs five-year West Ham contract, while Kostic in advanced talks
Haller delivers positive update as BVB striker completes first stage of treatment
He made the £26million move after excelling with Ajax following a tough time at West Ham United.
Contact Us For Promotions, Biography Submission, Edit Or Takedown Of An Article.